Oriental Shop is committed to ensuring that our visitor and customer’s privacy is protected.
This policy explains what happens to any information we gather on or through our website and through application forms, how we use such information and the step we take to protect such information.
“Us”, “We”, “OS”, “Company” – Oriental Shop
“You”, “Customer” “Users” “Visitor” – A customer of the shop, user of our website and services OS provides.
“Website” – www.orientalshop.uk
“Shop” – Oriental Shop, 29 Woolmer Way, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0GG
Information we collect
We collect different types of information on or though our website and application forms.
- Information provided by you
- When you use our website, as a visitor or a returning customer, you may provide or we may collect personal data.
- When you fill any data application form, example for our loyalty card or pre-order services, we will collect personal data.
- Personal data can include: name, email address, mailing address, date of birth, phone number and/or other billing/delivery information and personal preferences.
- Personal data can be provided/collected in various ways. For example when you sign up for our loyalty card, when you register for an account on our website, make an order on our website, request for a refund on our website, message us through via email and telephone.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- “Automatically Collected” data.
- When you visit our website, we may automatically record certain information using technologies such as cookies. Examples of information collected may include IP addresses, which country you are accessing our website from, the type of device you used to access our website, the type of browser, the pages you visited on our website, the date you visited.
- When you use your loyalty card to make purchase, we will use your purchase data to provide you with personalised promotions and offers, help and advice.
How we use the data we collect
We use the data we collect to enable us to provide the goods and services we offer such as:
- Enquiries/Quotes/ Orders/Communications
- We use the data provided to enable us to provide the information that has been requested and/or to complete orders. For example: to provide quotes via email, for paperwork such as invoicing, update status of orders, to arrange deliveries.
- We may at this time share certain data with third parties (specifically factories, suppliers and couriers) in the interest of obtaining pricing and arranging delivery of goods).
- Promotional Communications
- We may also contact you relating to updates, changes, new products, promotions and services we provide. We will ask for your consent to do so. However, you will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any promotional email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use data collected to understand a number of areas such as trends (i.e. popular items) and/or any difficulties users may face on our website. This is so we can improve and develop new areas to enable users to use our website in an easy and accessible manner. To enable us to source and showcase relevant, trending products that users of our website is interested in.
- We will also use the purchase history from all our customers to ensure we have the best mix of products and choices that are relevant to our customers on the shop floor, also use the data to help maintain, reduce prices to help product movement.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- We use automatically collected data via cookies and similar technologies to help monitor and analyse the effectiveness of our website, to monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed. This statistical data does not identify you or any personal details whatsoever.
- If you prefer, you can block or delete cookies that have already been set. Please note but disabling cookies may lead to losing some functionality of parts of our websites. For more information about cookies we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
To Whom we Disclose Information
- Personal Data
- The personal data we collect is only used in the purpose stated above and shared within the company other than where necessary to enable us to process your order successfully. For example, contact name, mailing addresses and phone number may be shared with our suppliers and couriers to arrange delivery of goods.
Website Statistical Data
The data collected is only for statistical purposes only and used within the company to improve our website and services.
- Access, Correction, Deletion
- If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained, you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com about your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database and on any systems we have.
- Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information provided within backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Navigation Information
- You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
- Opting out from Promotional Communications
- If you receive promotional communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving any promotional communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any promotional email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, it may take up to two (2) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving promotional communications from us, you will still continue to receive administrative communications from us. For example communications about your order or quotes as requested.
- We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Third Party Services
- Our Website may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party websites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party websites or services to which links or access are provided through our website. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Protecting the privacy of young children is important. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access our website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Data has been collected on our website from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has used our website, then you may notify us immediately at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data from our systems.
- We will retain and use data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- Information on legal transactions between Customer and OS is retained for a minimum period of 6 years as required by law (HMRC)
Changes and Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, personal data, your consents choices please do contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org